The Future-Ready Superintendents Leadership Network (FRSLN) — TASA’s popular superintendent-led network of future-focused school leaders who gather for events that provide authentic learning experiences designed to further school transformation — is expanding for 2021-22! Superintendents who have demonstrated interest in creating and sustaining student-centered schools and developing future-ready students are invited to apply by June 25.
If selected to be part of the 2021-22 FRSLN, you will:
- enhance your ability to lead in times of change
- be part of a collaborative network that has the power to truly transform public education in Texas
- gain clarity of vision as you and your fellow FRSLN members create models of future-ready schools throughout the state
2021-22 FRSLN Events
While the 2021-22 FRSLN events are still under development by the all-superintendent FRSLN Design Team, the events will center around the emerging needs of school leaders while maintaining an emphasis on the principles outlined in the TASA visioning document, Creating a New Vision for Public Education in Texas. Published in 2008, the document has come to guide the school transformation movement in the state. Past experiences have focused on topics including: establishing a culture of organizational transformation; future-ready leadership; using voice and choice to cultivate curiosity; social and emotional wellness; and personalized, digital, and profound learning.
Superintendents chosen to be part of the 2021-22 FRSLN will have the opportunity to participate in three two-day events:
- Day 1 of each event will likely be 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., followed by a group dinner.
- Day 2 of each event will likely be 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The plan is to host only three FRSLN events for 2021-22; however, if the cohort expands so much that a fourth event is necessary to accommodate the number of district teams, a tentative fourth event may be added.
The expected dates for the 2021-22 events are:
- Event 1 (Kickoff): October 26-28, 2021 (This event will include programming and a meal function on the first evening prior to the typical two-day event as a way to orient and engage all new and existing FRSLN members.)
- Event 2: December 1-2, 2021
- Event 3: March 2-3, 2022
- Event 4 (Tentative): April 27-28, 2022 (to be scheduled only if needed)
Fees and Additional Seats
The fee to cover 2021-22 event-related expenses is $695 per participating superintendent. Superintendents chosen to participate may request up to three additional seats for members of their team (central office or campus leaders) for an additional $595 each. If superintendents choose to add extra seats, they do not have to bring the same three team members to all FRSLN events; they may bring different leaders to each event. Before each event, they will be asked to provide the name(s) of team members who will attend with them. Please note that superintendents who are selected to participate must attend FRSLN events with their team members; team members may not be sent in their place.
How to Apply
A limited number of seats are available for new members, so superintendents interested in being part of the 2021-22 FRSLN should complete this online application no later than June 25.
Please be prepared to:
- describe your purpose and rationale for wishing to join the transformation work of FRSLN
- reflect on how you have incorporated the visioning document into your personal leadership practice
- provide examples of how you have implemented the principles of the visioning document articles in your district (current or former)
- share specific experiences, philosophies, or talents that would allow you to help build the leadership capacity of fellow FRSLN members and add value to the network
You will be contacted no later than July 1 following a review of your application by the FRSLN Review Committee.
You are invited to learn more about FRSLN here or to contact a current member to discuss their experience with FRSLN.
If you have questions about FRSLN or the application process, please contact Brandon Core or Maria Cruz at 512.477.6361.