Whether you have recently read Creating a New Vision for Public Education in Texas and are just beginning to consider the benefits school transformation efforts could have on your schools and students, or you have already taken the first steps, TASA can help you move to the next level of school transformation.
Each district is different, so our experts will partner with you to provide the services that best meet your district’s unique needs. Whether you want us to equip you with the resources your district needs to implement transformation on its own, or you want our experts to provide training or consulting to staff, or you would like us to assist in the facilitation of transformation in your district and larger community, we will work with you to customize a program that’s right for your situation.
Our experts provide consulting and training to districts on the following topics, but we can also develop a program on any topic related to transformation, leadership services, board support, or organizational development that is aligned with school transformation principles.
- Embracing the Vision – Get everyone talking about why change is needed and where it’s needed most in your district, and develop shared commitment to school transformation by diving into the visioning document that started it all and developing a shared knowledge of its concepts and principles with your team.
- Vision-Driven Transformation – Examine your district’s readiness for transformation and begin the process of aligning your district’s mission, vision, and goals to the principles of the visioning document.
- Creating a Future-Ready Graduate Profile – Collaborate to craft a clear and compelling illustration of the knowledge, skills, and characteristics needed for students to excel in school, work, and life that will guide your district to fulfill the expectations set forth in its mission and vision.
- Transforming Teaching and Learning Systems – Redesign curriculum, instruction, assessment, and professional learning systems in accord with the district’s mission, vision, goals, and graduate profile.
Customization and Cost
School transformation is not one-size-fits-all, and neither are TASA’s transformation-related services. Your district may want more assistance with the first steps and less help as transformation gains momentum in your district. Or your district may already be halfway there and just need help with reaching your ultimate goals. Wherever you are in the process, and whatever your district’s needs, TASA can partner with you to offer the best solution for you.
TASA’s transformation services are completely customizable. Cost varies according to district needs and depends on development time and direct service time in the district. Pricing is based on the following rates:
- $1,500 per day plus travel-related expenses of facilitator
- $750 per half-day plus travel-related expenses of facilitator
Direct District Governance and Leadership Support Services are facilitated by Dr. Denise Collier, educational leader in teaching and learning, and consultant to TASA. Collier, of Collier Educational Consulting, has served public schools and students in Texas and across the nation for 30 years. Prior to her 2009 retirement, she served as the chief academic officer and deputy superintendent of Dallas ISD. She led the development of a field guide to serve as a companion to Creating a New Vision for Public Education in Texas, and provides ongoing professional development and consultation for TASA related to the visioning work.
Dr. Collier has provided Direct District Governance and Leadership Support Services to a variety of Texas school districts, including: Alamo Heights, Alvarado, Bryan, College Station, Eanes, Early, El Paso, Georgetown, Hays, Highland Park, Karnes City, Lake Dallas, Mineral Wells, New Braunfels, Northwest, Round Rock, Tyler, and West.
“When we were faced with unforeseen facility, enrollment, and programming challenges, we decided to grab the opportunity, break bad habits, develop new habits and rebrand our school district’s vision for learning. We knew the place to go for assistance in making that leap: TASA. Engaging Dr. Collier and TASA will ensure our district remains a competitive player in the PK-12 educational marketplace for the 21st century, regardless of size, so that our graduates are Texas-ready.”
—Marty Crawford, Superintendent, West ISD
If you would like assistance with school transformation in your district or would like to learn more about the resources TASA offers districts to implement transformation on their own, please contact Eric Simpson, chief learning officer, TASA, 512.477.6361 or 800.725.TASA (8272).