TEXAS HIGH PERFORMANCE SCHOOLS CONSORTIUM (THPSC)
The Texas High Performance Schools Consortium (THPSC) is a group of 22 school districts empowered by the Texas Legislature to improve student learning in the state through the development of innovative, next-generation learning standards and assessment and accountability systems, including standards and systems relating to career and college readiness.
About the THPSC
Learn more about the history of the THPSC and its role in Mission: School Transformation.
- Students should be given the power to innovate and create.
- Teachers should be given the opportunity to use instructional strategies (including assessments) that bring relevance to classrooms.
- School districts have a moral imperative to develop good citizens who are prepared to succeed in postsecondary education and the workforce.
The THPSC is working toward a future in which the Texas public education system is built around:
- Dynamic, rigorous curriculum standards in all content areas
- A variety of assessment alternatives that are not limited to paper and pencil tests
- Technology that is integrated into student learning
- Learning that is relevant and responsive to student interests
- Local community involvement in determining the factors that best measure school accountability in that community
- A variety of pathways to graduation
The THPSC believes that such a system will prepare students for post-secondary education, the workforce, and productive citizenship.
Reports to the Legislature
- December 2018
- December 2016
- December 2014
- December 2012
- Other Reports & Papers
In 2013, the Texas High Performance Schools Consortium invited other Texas school districts engaged in transformation work to join Mission: School Transformation as Consortium Associates so that more data on the efficacy of transformation initiatives could be collected to inform the Legislature and other stakeholders.
Consortium Associates benefit from sharing ideas, resources, and results with Consortium districts and have access to TASA’s school transformation services and resources, including in-district support, opportunities to engage with national leaders in educational innovation, and research on key transformation initiatives.
Consortium Associates are expected to share a commitment to the principles and premises outlined in Creating a New Vision for Public Education in Texas and engage as a contributing partner with Consortium members and other districts in the ongoing transformation work.
“The Consortium’s mission to improve student learning with a focus on digital learning environments, to teach students to truly understand and apply meaningful content, rather than memorize information to pass a test, and to assess students in more authentic ways will continue to be at the heart of a new system that is necessary to prepare our students for success in this ever-changing world.”
|Clear Creek ISD||4|
|College Station ISD||6|
|Glen Rose ISD||11|
|Highland Park ISD||10|
|Lake Travis ISD||13|
|Roscoe Collegiate ISD||14|
|Round Rock ISD||13|
|White Oak ISD||7|