The Consortium for School Networking (CoSN), in partnership with the Texas Association of School Administrators and CoSN’s Texas state affiliate chapter, the Texas Educational Technology Leaders (formerly The Texas K-12 CTO Council), is honored to support the work of current and aspiring superintendents and district leadership teams in leading all aspects of digital learning transformations.
CoSN State of EdTech Leadership 2022 Survey
CoSN’s State of EdTech Leadership Survey is an annual process to connect with school district technology leaders to gather a high-level sense of the current state of technology implementation within district education systems. 2022 marks the ninth year that CoSN has been pulling together the information around technology trends, challenges, and priorities for publication in its annual survey report. CoSN factors in the results of the annual survey to determine how best to support the work of CoSN members.
Current Priorities Revealed in the 2022 Survey Responses
- Cybersecurity is the number-one priority for IT school leaders. Even so, the survey showed that in many cases the districts do not consider themselves to be at a high risk for a ransomware attacks.
- 1:1 initiatives – using school-owned devices – are now being implemented at all grade levels in a growing number of school districts.
- As with so many aspects of K-12 education, staffing has manifested itself as a challenge for school district IT departments.
- One area that presents a growing strain for K-12 technology leaders is the ability to provide remote technical support for students and their families.
- Differences in salaries between rural and urban IT professionals are also referenced in the report as well as upcoming planned retirements of IT school leaders.
- The survey report confirms that school technology leaders are continuing to work on meeting current standards for network speeds and interoperability.
You are invited to review the key findings, download the full report, and access a recording of a recent webinar on Key Findings from CoSN’s 2022 K-12 IT Leadership Survey at https://www.cosn.org/edtech-topics/state-of-edtech-leadership/
EmpowerED Superintendent Webinar Series
The EmpowerED Superintendent Webinar Series just completed its fourth season on edWeb.net. The series focuses on technology innovations as seen through the lens of the superintendent leadership. CoSN, AASA, and edWeb.net collaborate on the creation and production of the series. ClassLink sponsors the webinar series.
The most recent episode of the EmpowerED Superintendent Webinar series aired Monday, May 9, 2022, and was titled, “Leading for Digital Equity: Award Winning Community Engagement Strategies.”
You are welcome to access the recording of the May 9 edWebinar as well as all previously broadcast edWebinars in the EmpowerED Superintendent Webinar Series at https://home.edweb.net/supers/
CoSN & Texas Educational Technology Leaders Membership
If your school or district would like more information about joining CoSN or getting more involved with CoSN and/or Texas Educational Technology Leaders, please contact Dr. Alice Owen, Executive Director, Texas Educational Technology Leaders, at ExDir@TETL.org or call 855.458.9286.